Sunday, December 21, 2008

Another journal of weird and wonderful Korean cuisine

Hen-chan came to knew about this restaurant that's hidden just behind the Great House that I had mentioned in my previous blog entry. I was going to puke into her face if Hen-chan brought us to another restaurant that serves the same thing like all restaurants did, but my oh my...what a surprise! It's a few doors away from Caffeinees (which I may or may not blog about next).


Tadaaaa..! Spicy chicken, deok bok gi (spicy rice cake),vege, yam, potato all mixed on a "teppan" (hot plate). You can choose to wrap your "chikin"(that's how the sweet Korean girl pronounced it) in the big vege leaves served on a small plate, or eat it from the "teppan" itself.



Next, "ramyeon" is mixed into the teppan and I know this thing looks like mee goreng mamak. The chikin flavour doesn't taste that strong but overall it's nice to eat. 



We were served a bowl of cold kimchi soup. It's full of crushed ice, and it tastes...weird and weirdly refreshing. Never had such soup  before, but according to Chan-chan, it sure reduces all the spiciness of the chikin!













This is how the teppan looks, it's really big...later they fried rice with seaweed on the same teppan after scraping up a thick film of oil and debris. Interesting...

No comments: